Vacancy: Integration Support Worker
Want to work with JRS Ireland?
We're now seeking to recruit for the role of Integration Support Worker. This is a full time position (35 hours per week) based in Dublin.
The primary role of the Integration Support Worker will be to deliver ongoing integration support to individuals and families granted status who are transitioning to life outside Direct Provision. Responsibilities will also include:
- Providing information and advice on education and employment opportunities.
- Connecting individuals and families to local community and voluntary organisations, sports clubs, Church groups and other linkages with the community.
- Assisting with the resettlement process especially in navigating the welfare system and attaining welfare entitlements in according with status.
- Identifying and delivering appropriate support to children and vulnerable adults who encounter challenges living in the community having lived long term in Direct Provision.
- Assisting with the delivery of existing JRS Ireland integration services and transition support projects as required, which aim to prepare asylum seekers in Direct Provision for the transition process when they will receive protection status or leave to remain.
- Identify concerns and challenges encountered in the delivery of integration and transition supports in order to inform advocacy priorities.
- Undertake related tasks and responsibilities as directed by the organisation.
- A relevant third-level qualification in community development, social work, social science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding and knowledge of the asylum process in Ireland, the operation of the direct provision system and the integration of migrants.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups, social exclusion and disadvantaged communities.
- Commitment to social justice and the JRS mission ‘to accompany, to serve and to advocate the cause of refugees and forcibly displaced persons’.