Vacancy: Refugee and Migrant Coalition Coordinator
The Refugee and Migrant Coalition (RMC) is seeking applications for the position of Refugee and Migrant Coalition Coordinator.
The RMC is concerned with promoting social justice, equality and human rights to protect vulnerable people in countries of origin, transit and within Ireland. It is committed to ensuing inclusive and participative responses.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Refugee and Migrant Coalition (RMC) objectives and activity plan.
- Convene RMC and actively support and facilitate information sharing of RMC members on National, EU and UN developments.
- Coordinate evidence, analysis and reports of the RMC.
- Develop Community Development responses for the integration of asylum seekers and refugees.
- Support RMC to develop and advance avenues for safe and legal channels of migration.
- Support the participation of asylum seekers and refugees in the work of the RMC.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders to advance recommendations of RMC.
- Identify relevant funding opportunities and submission of grant proposals and report on funding requirements.
- Represent RMC externally at meetings, public events and in the media.
- Prepare written reports and maintain records when necessary.
- Reporting to steering group of the RMC.
- Any other activities as agreed with the steering group of the RMC.
- Relevant third level education.
- Strong knowledge of issues facing refugees, asylum seekers and migrants.
- Experience of engaging and supporting the participation of vulnerable groups.
- Commitment to advancing the human rights of refugees and migrants.
- Experience of planning and coordination.
- Ability to organise events and actions.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work well under pressure and capacity to prioritise tasks effectively.
- A self-starter, with an ability to demonstrate initiative and innovative, flexible and adaptable work approaches.
- Experience of supporting coalitions, consortiums and collective ways of working
- Experience of campaigning and social change
- Excellent analysis and research skills
- Experience working in and an understanding of the community and voluntary sector