Integration begins from the moment an asylum seeker, refugee or migrant arrives in Ireland.
It is a two-way process that helps create an environment of respect for diversity and equality.
WELCOMING THE STRANGER
Integration is the creation of free space where the stranger can enter as a friend and not an enemy; where diversity is celebrated and not feared; where equality is a foundation and not just a sound bite.
The ultimate benefit is the active participation of all residents of Ireland in society, irrespective of cultural or religious background, age, gender or nationality.
JRS Ireland contributes to integration by;
- Running an Integration Support Group for asylum seekers, refugees, migrants and local people
- Providing language support
- Running capacity building courses
- Organising intercultural events and developing intercultural services and resources.
- Offering one-to-one outreach support to asylum seekers and refugees