Love Not Hate
Ireland, unlike most EU countries, has no hate crime legislation.
In response, ENAR Ireland and its members are calling for the government to enact the Criminal Law (Hate Crime) Bill immediately to protect minorities in Ireland.
What can you do to help this campaign?
As an organisation:
- Endorse the Love Not Hate campaign.
Online and on social media:
- Watch and share the campaign video.
- Sign and share the petition on social media. Send it to your friends and colleagues by email. Encourage others to do the same.
- Put politicians under pressure. Involve them in the conversation about hate crime. Tag them in your tweets about the campaign. Email them.
- Change your Facebook or Twitter profile photo to the campaign logo to show your support for the cause.
- Print out the Love Not Hate image, take a photo with your friends and/or colleagues and post it on your social media using #LoveNotHate hashtag.
- Share the campaign posts on Facebook, Twitter and other online media.
- Help collect the petition signatures across Ireland. Download the paper version of the petition or circulate it by email to people you know.
- Write to your TDs and councillors, urging them to introduce this Bill.
- Talk to people about the campaign and it’s call.
- If you are from a Minority Ethnic background, join the Action Against Racism group.
- Report racist incidents to www.iReport.ie.