Vacancy: Project Worker (Direct Provision)
JRS Ireland is now seeking to recruit for the role of Project Worker.
This is a full time role (35 hours per week) principally based in the Dublin area but with travel throughout Ireland required. Initial contract is for 24 months with renewal subject to funding and performance.
• To develop projects responding to the priority needs of residents in Direct Provision.
• To deliver projects for asylum seekers that seek to enhance life skills, build capacities, promote integration and assist with transition to life outside Direct Provision.
• To coordinate information workshops to support asylum seekers in the protection process.
• To facilitate training opportunities that enhance wellbeing through the development of new skills and capacities.
• To plan and implement a weekly calendar of projects and activities in Direct Provision centres.
• To liaise with and provide ongoing support to residents in Direct Provision centres.
• To link with local community organisations and other service providers to exchange information and coordinate service provision.
• To assist with the delivery of the JRS Ireland Summer Programme, Christmas Toy Appeal and other JRS Ireland activities as required.
• An understanding and knowledge of the asylum process in Ireland, the operation of the Direct Provision system and the integration of migrants.
• Experience of working with vulnerable groups, social exclusion and disadvantaged communities.
• Commitment to social justice and the JRS mission ‘to accompany, to serve and to advocate the cause of refugees and forcibly displaced persons’.