VACANCY: PROJECT WORKER
JRS Ireland is recruiting for the role of Project Worker. The primary responsibility of the Project Worker position is to support, develop and deliver projects and services in Direct Provision centres in accordance with the needs of residents and the strategic priorities for JRS Ireland.
• To assess the needs of asylum seekers and to identify gaps in existing services for individuals, families and children residing in Direct Provision centres.
• To develop projects responding to the priority needs of residents in Direct Provision.
• To deliver projects for asylum seekers that seek to enhance life skills, build capacities, promote integration and assist with transition to life outside Direct Provision.
• To support other JRS Ireland staff, volunteers and interns in the delivery of specific agreed projects.
• To coordinate information workshops to support asylum seekers in the protection process.
• To facilitate training opportunities that enhance wellbeing through the development of new skills and capacities.
• To plan and implement a weekly calendar of projects and activities in Direct Provision centres.
• To liaise with and provide ongoing support to residents in Direct Provision centres.
• To link with local community organisations and other service providers to exchange information and coordinate service provision.
• To deliver the JRS Ireland Summer Programme, Christmas Toy Appeal and other JRS Ireland activities as required.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
• A relevant third-level qualification in community development, social work, social science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A full clean driving licence.
• An understanding and knowledge of the asylum process in Ireland, the operation of the Direct Provision system and the integration of migrants.
• Experience of working with vulnerable groups, social exclusion and disadvantaged communities.
• Commitment to social justice and the JRS mission ‘to accompany, to serve and to advocate the cause of refugees and forcibly displaced persons’.
JRS Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer